Business Development Manager
- Develops and implements market specific sales strategies and tactics focused on securing organic business with target accounts, prospects and key decision makers.
- Identify potential customers, qualify customers and learn intricacies of their procurement process.
- Identify specific project opportunities and qualify them per Magna Mechanical standards.
- Follow up on project proposals, secure contracts and purchase orders.
- Leverages existing market contacts and relationships to drive direct and indirect prospecting and business development.
- Establish and maintain a sustainable sales pipeline of qualified opportunities aligning with achievement of annual sales quota.
- Complete qualification documentation for potential customers.
- Perform project bid walks and thoroughly collect all information for estimating department.
- Track and forecast multiple sales performance metrics to ensure sales staff is on pace to meet or exceed annual revenue goals.
- Cultivate relationships with qualified customers.
- College degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent working experience.
- History of proven sales performance in construction, contracting or fabrication.
- Existing network of manufacturing, engineering, general contractor, construction manager & OEM customer contacts is preferred.
- Required experience prospecting and closing net new deals.
- Strong track record of successful selling and networking.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines while maintaining a focus on quality.
- Superior relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction in a small business environment.
- Self-starter with excellent time-management skills.