- Quantify project components.
- Develop a clear understanding of the project scope and phasing utilizing the project plans and specifications.
- Maintain take-off spreadsheets for organizing material descriptions and quantities, back up of work, and project summaries.
- Identifying constructability issues through the estimating process.
- Sub-contractor and supplier solicitations.
- Prepare and/or deliver the bid package.
- Able to work on multiple projects and maintain contact with field personnel to handle questions, change orders, and technically related issues.
- Ensure all working documents and data is maintained to back up estimates.
- Analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documents to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, and services for our type of work.
- Efficiently read blueprints and understand industry pricing.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Vocational High School/Associates Degree/Technical degree in construction
management or heavy civil or related field, construction experience is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Strong Math Skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines while maintaining a focus on quality.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to drive.
- 5 to 10 years of estimating with Quickpen Mechanical.