The YMI Group is a mechanical contracting firm serving the Healthcare industry, commercial development and industrial sectors. YMI has grown from a small contractor with one location in Elk Grove Village, IL to opening our new location in New York, NY the same multi discipline of services such as sheetmetal, HVAC piping and plumbing services. We now employ over 100 dedicated employees ranging from mechanical engineers, designers, project managers and craftsmen union journeyman. We strive to meet our commitments to clients, develop our people, and help improve communities.
Located in our expansive Elk Grove Village, IL facility, and reporting to the HVAC/R General Manager. The HVAC/R Service Technician will do Maintenance, Repairs, Retrofit Projects, Troubleshooting, Customer, and Account Management. The Technician would also be responsible for abiding by YMI extensive safety culture.
- Responsible for HVAC/R service, repair and maintenance support to office buildings, multifamily residential high rises, process/manufacturing, healthcare, education and retail facilities.
- Perform routine and emergency service.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities as a journeyman service technician including paperwork, documentation, customer relations, communication, repair and PM schedules.
- Participate with on-call duties as required.
- Freon based refrigeration background a plus.
- College degree or Equivalent work experience.
- Experience and working knowledge of all commercial ventilation system, unitary systems, heating systems and controls.
- Completion of UA-597 apprenticeship or equivalent a plus.
- Prior safety training a plus, OSHA 30, fall and Arc blast.
- Clean driving record.
- Willingness to participate in continuing education programs.